Expect more earthquakes world-wide for next two years! – Piers Corbyn astrophysicist

Comments from Piers Corbyn of WeatherAction

LA quake 1 Expect more earthquakes world wide for next two years!   Piers Corbyn astrophysicistDelta House, 175-177 Borough High Street. London SE1 1HR +44(0)207939 9946 From Piers Corbyn +44(0)7958713320   piers@weatheraction.com  www.weatheraction.com
Twitter address Piers_Corbyn – http://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn   21-2-11

As New Zealand is struck by Earthquake Piers says:-

Expect more earthquakes world-wide for next two years

• More Earthquakes near solar activity minima

• Odd-Even cycle minima (like THIS one) probably worse
• More Earthquakes associated with Solar proton events

NEW ZEALAND
Christchurch, South Island New Zealand was struck by a damaging shallow level Earthquake on 21 Feb and is suffering severe aftershocks.  See video & news – http://bit.ly/gKwPmR

This event follows the world wide increase in volcanism and earthquakes in the last year or two and confirms the general statistical fact that more – and more serious – earthquakes, and volcanic activity, tend to occur around solar cycle minima – see, eg, article by Gui Qing ZHANG

http://www.springerlink.com/content/buvw2tq081013210/fulltext.pdf?page=1

The article by Zhang also associates increased Earthquakes with general increases in solar proton events.  Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com comments:

“Major storms are also associated with solar proton events and significantly we had important solar proton events on 28 Jan just before our predicted world double whammy of the simultaneous mega blizzard USA and mega Tropical Cyclone Yasi hitting Queensland – http://bit.ly/gvbPi5

“There was also a surge of solar protons associated with the major X2 flare of 15 Feb which preceded another pair of simultaneous USA blizzards and East of Queensland Tropical Cyclone formation (TC Atu) 18/19 Feb both of which we predicted weeks ahead – http://bit.ly/dTAtu8

“We now think that it is not just general solar proton event levels which point towards more earthquakes but that individual solar proton events exacerbate immediate earthquake (and associated volcanism) risk either directly or due to consequent storm activity and related surface pressure changes such as caused by our solar triggered and predicted Tropical Cyclone Atu which is currently centred North of New Zealand and heading closer. See:-

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/sp201117_5day.html#a_topad

There are also additional lunar effects on storm development and earthquakes & volcanism and for solar drivers it appears that the odd-even minima, particularly the later part ie the rising phase of even solar cycles – WHICH IS WHERE WE ARE NOW (early Solar Cycle 24) – are the most dangerous.

“We mentioned these facts when we successfully made a one-off prediction of re-exacerbation of the Iceland Earthquake in April 2010 – See WeatherActionNews2010 No16 and No17:-

http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=5559&linkbox=true&position=2

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=189&c=1 (Also earthquake data links)

“Prediction of individual Earthquakes is very hard but we are very confident of a continuing period of significantly enhanced earthquake and volcanic activity as well as extreme weather events for the coming one or two years, probably exceeding the levels of the most active extended periods in at least the last 100 years”, said Piers

• Latest long range Weather Action extreme weather events forecasts for FEB are available with instant access for USA, & ‘Rest of world’. Purchase now is inclusive of access to the coming forecasts for March-  http://bit.ly/dNhlNo

• NASA on dangers of recent solar proton bursts -

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/16/solar-flare-4-potential-hazards-of-the-suns-spectacular-show/

Comments submitted – 19     Add your comment

On 13 Mar 2011, roland wrote:

This could explain several lunnoticed earthquakes in my place in the Philippines which had not so often in fifty years. On 28 Feb 2011, Paul wrote:

A way that the sun may cause earthquakes and volcanos on earth is through the earths magnetic field being distorted by solar flares.This might have a magnetic induction effect on the core itself which is a huge magnet causing heat to be generated which shows up as increased volcanism. On 26 Feb 2011, Piers_Corbyn wrote:

THANKS Larry….We are very pleased with the detailed ongoing success of our new US forecasts…Feel free to pass this forecast on to fellow farmers with a view to getting them to buy! New subscribers now to the whole Feb forecast from which this page is taken ALSO get access to March included at the end of this month . Go to subscription page http://bit.ly/dNhlNo On 25 Feb 2011, Larry wrote:

Hi Piers – Just wanted to say your long range forecast for thunderfloods here in the mid SE in the US was right on. Big storms along a front pounded us last night in Tenn. In KT an Amish family got caught in a flash Flood and they lost their daughter :(. Looks like we are gearing up for a more powerful one 27-28th. Thanks much for your work and the “heads up”. We are a farm and much appreciate the advance on this stuff. We’ll be looking forward to your March forecast. Best – Larry On 24 Feb 2011, Old friend wrote:

I was fortunate to have first met Piers in 1992. With a long memory of his accuracy. It is clear that the prime driver of weather “science”, meteorology, is a branch of geography rather than physics (where Piers is trained). Putting it bluntly, putting a weather ballon in the air with a thermometer, is a long way from understanding the fundamental drivers of weather. The Met Office is unlikely to admit that it is staffed with people from the wrong discipline. Like a pantomime, the Met Office needs to be told “its behind you” It’s the sun,stupid. On 24 Feb 2011, Rhys Jaggar wrote:

Out of interest, Dr Corbyn Is there any reason to suppose that there is any scientific basis to support the Mayan December 2012 ‘armageddon’ prediciton on the basis of one or more of the following: 1. Huge earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunamis. 2. Magneitc reversals. 3. Solar events linked to earth’s magnetosphere creating some kind of weather disaster. I have never studied the Mayan predictions enough to know quite how they came to them, but I always keep open minds on things if subsequently a scientific insight into previous predictoins becomes relevant………. On 24 Feb 2011, Lorraine Lister wrote:

Seismologists are calling the 6.3 Christchurch earthquake an aftershock from last September’s quake. Although aftershocks do occur for many months I question that our latest quake was an aftershock and not simply another big quake. What’s your opinion Piers and what do you think is the likelihood of another big earthquake in NZ this year? On 23 Feb 2011, Piers_Corbyn wrote:

Thanks Guys. Adam, We have done most work on UK, US and Australia than other places so have more to say about them and that is where most people follow on twitter (Piers_Corbyn) In season we also do N hemisphere tropical storms and extremes for anywhere when data makes it possible ….. John, YES lunar tidal forcing is important and does enhance earthquake risk and we established some years ago from Iranian data (which is very extensive) the 19 year eclipse cycle exists in earthquake data. Piers On 23 Feb 2011, John wrote:

Just a shot in the dark from a non scientist here: the action of the moon is part of your weather prediction, and the moon exerts enough force to affect the tides – could it also have an effect on tectonic shifts? Pure speculation on my part! On 23 Feb 2011, Waiheke News wrote:

Full support to you because few professionals have the courage to advance alternative theories in the face of ever present ridicule. Humanity’s addiction to the tangible obscures the logic of the larger picture: we are constantly impacted by space weather On 23 Feb 2011, Adam wrote:

Why is so much activity focused on Australia, UK and US? On 23 Feb 2011, Piers_Corbyn wrote:

THANKS GUYS & GALS!…Joe, Paul, all. THIS is not an easy problem and we need more ideas however mad at first sight from which something testable & closer to the truth will be found. Protons – yes they wont get through I would agree. Neutrinos (I used to study them in cosmology – mean matter density of universe & all that published Italian Phys Soc) don’t carry much & collision cross section very tiny so very doubtful. Helium (+ Radon) observed before / during quakes is reported but might NOT be part of pressure CAUSE but an EFFECT of crustal splits allowing such escapes. I mentioned proton bursts as an observed fact rather than an agent for penetrating crust. They are markers for major solar events that is all we can be SURE of; however I don’t want to detract from any ideas. Note Climate & Environment ‘Science’ – which has more in common with sociology than Physics – is overflowing with confusion of cause, effect and description and we don’t want to go down that road! Piers On 22 Feb 2011, Miss Jones wrote:

Hello Piers, I am so glad you are applying your brilliant mind to earthquake prediction – I also believe there is a strong causal relationship between solar and seismic activity that is overlooked . With regards to the Rockhampton Flood cycle over the years I have noted the trend for an earthquake to follow floods in a generally stable zone. I would love to know your thoughts specifically with regards to the Fitzroy river basin area. Looking at historical records does it not suggest a significant seismic event for that area in the next 6 months regards On 22 Feb 2011, vukcevic wrote:

Tag of 400nT (~3.6%) on the horizontal component of the Earth’s magnetic field should not be ignored. It may not caused the actual earthquake, but it may caused concentrated energy realise what in the next few months would have been series of minor shocks, there were hundreds in the area since the last major quake. http://www.vukcevic.talktalk.net/gms.htm On 22 Feb 2011, Len Holliday wrote:

Dear Piers, Once again you are the man! You know what you are talking about. We here at firsthandweather.com can’t wait to read what you have to say. It is really great to know that there is someone still left on Earth that is willing to step up to the plat and tell the truth! Just look at all the things taking place around the world just today. What a mess! Keep up the great work. The truth is what we all need to hear. Thanks for all your hard work! Len Holliday On 22 Feb 2011, Paul wrote:

I can’t see how protons can effect the earths core or mantle because they can’t penetrate very far and are most probably stopped by a few cms of lead. However neutrinos which can pass directly through the earth may have a small effect because some are stopped and absorbed by the dense iron core of the earth. The only way I can see how solar activity effect volcanism is through changes in the masses of ice on continents. A huge amount of ice on a continent pushes the land down. If there is an increase in solar activity and the earth warms this ice melts and the land rebounds. In other areas the land sinks. This movement contributes to earthquakes and more volcanoes because of the frictional effects and changes in the earths crust. On 22 Feb 2011, Joseph A Olson, PE wrote:

The ‘link’ is that solar protons impact the Earth’s 700,000 cubic mile of Uranium and cause changes in the fission reaction rates. This inturn releases more heat and elemental atoms, many of which are gaseous which then exert enormous pressure. This pressure is ‘relieved’ by lifting of the Earth’s surface by Lunar gravity in a process known as Earth tides. This is explained in the article “Motive Force for all Climate Change” posted at Climate Realists and in the book “Slaying the Sky Dragon”. The solar ‘minimum’ is a shift in wave frequencies and particle emissions, so as Piers says, expect more ‘event’ in the near future. On 22 Feb 2011, meera wrote:

i dont understand piers, why solar activity should cause activity in the tectonic plates of the earth. would love it if you could elaborate more thanks and keep up the good work meera On 22 Feb 2011, Sunnywong wrote:

Hi Piers are there any correlation between Solar Activity and Earthquakes??as i checked from the following website http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread559327/pg1 the relation is not clear Best Regards Sunny Wong

Comments from Piers
WeatherAction
rsslogo Expect more earthquakes world wide for next two years!   Piers Corbyn astrophysicist
 

Delta House, 175-177 Borough High Street. London SE1 1HR +44(0)207939 9946 From Piers Corbyn +44(0)7958713320 piers@weatheraction.com www.weatheraction.com

Twitter address Piers_Corbyn – http://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn

21-2-11

As New Zealand is struck by Earthquake Piers says:-

Expect more earthquakes world-wide for next two years

• More Earthquakes near solar activity minima

• Odd-Even cycle minima (like THIS one) probably worse

• More Earthquakes associated with Solar proton events

Christchurch, South Island New Zealand was struck by a damaging shallow level Earthquake on 21 Feb and is suffering severe aftershocks. See video & news – http://bit.ly/gKwPmR

This event follows the world wide increase in volcanism and earthquakes in the last year or two and confirms the general statistical fact that more – and more serious – earthquakes, and volcanic activity, tend to occur around solar cycle minima – see, eg, article by Gui Qing ZHANG

http://www.springerlink.com/content/buvw2tq081013210/fulltext.pdf?page=1

The article by Zhang also associates increased Earthquakes with general increases in solar proton events. Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com comments:


“Major storms are also associated with solar proton events and significantly we had important solar proton events on 28 Jan just before our predicted world double whammy of the simultaneous mega blizzard USA and mega Tropical Cyclone Yasi hitting Queensland – http://bit.ly/gvbPi5

“There was also a surge of solar protons associated with the major X2 flare of 15 Feb which preceded another pair of simultaneous USA blizzards and East of Queensland Tropical Cyclone formation (TC Atu) 18/19 Feb both of which we predicted weeks ahead – http://bit.ly/dTAtu8

“We now think that it is not just general solar proton event levels which point towards more earthquakes but that individual solar proton events exacerbate immediate earthquake (and associated volcanism) risk either directly or due to consequent storm activity and related surface pressure changes such as caused by our solar triggered and predicted Tropical Cyclone Atu which is currently centred North of New Zealand and heading closer. See:-

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/sp201117_5day.html#a_topad

There are also additional lunar effects on storm development and earthquakes & volcanism and for solar drivers it appears that the odd-even minima, particularly the later part ie the rising phase of even solar cycles – WHICH IS WHERE WE ARE NOW (early Solar Cycle 24) – are the most dangerous.


“We mentioned these facts when we successfully made a one-off prediction of re-exacerbation of the Iceland Earthquake in April 2010 – See WeatherActionNews2010 No16 and No17:-

http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=5559&linkbox=true&position=2

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=189&c=1 (Also earthquake data links)

“Prediction of individual Earthquakes is very hard but we are very confident of a continuing period of significantly enhanced earthquake and volcanic activity as well as extreme weather events for the coming one or two years, probably exceeding the levels of the most active extended periods in at least the last 100 years”, said Piers

• Latest long range Weather Action extreme weather events forecasts for FEB are available with instant access for USA, & ‘Rest of world’. Purchase now is inclusive of access to the coming forecasts for March- http://bit.ly/dNhlNo

NASA on dangers of recent solar proton bursts –

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/16/solar-flare-4-potential-hazards-of-the-suns-spectacular-show/

(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)

Related Posts:

1 comment for “Expect more earthquakes world-wide for next two years! – Piers Corbyn astrophysicist

  1. Andy The Roofer
    August 13, 2011 at 8:55 pm

    I don’t know about the technical side of your theories, but I do know when you say a storm is on its way You’re bang on que , you’re a top man piers keep the good work up..

    Andy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


five × = 5